The essential role of the Foreign Trade Department (FTD), which is part of the Ministry for Business Environment, Trade and Entrepreneurship, is to support economic development by promoting exports and Romania’s harmonious integration into the international relations global system.
In order to pursue and achieve the objectives deriving from this role, the FTD actions aim at:
- Promoting an ascendant course of Romania’s international trade, which is a priority for Romanian exports;
- Continuously improving Romanian exports structure, increasing its competitiveness and giving priority to high added value products and services, based on innovation, creativity, quality and excellence;
- Continuously improving Romanian export promotion instruments receiving partial support from the state budget, in accordance with the provisions of the National Export Strategy;
- Carrying out activities to jointly develop external investment projects and objectives with foreign partners on third markets;
- Supporting and defending the Romanian exporters’ economic interests within the institutional framework of the European Union, as well as in the Union’s relations with third countries.