Foreign Investment Directorate
Tel: +4021 202 54 41
The Foreign Investments Directorate is responsible for the development of large investment projects, as it is the point of contact for foreign investors. The main object of activity is to attract foreign investments in Romania.
Our tasks are to increase the volume of FDI by promoting Romania’s international business offer and assisting international companies in implementing investment projects, ensuring Romania’s position as the main destination for foreign investment in the region.
At the same time, the Foreign Investments Directorate is responsible for assessing the requests for granting the technical expertise on the foreign investors’ business plan in order to obtain a long-stay visa in Romania for the purpose of carrying out commercial activities.
Our main objective is to attract and facilitate foreign direct investment in Romania by providing professional support and advice to foreign investors in Romania.
Whether it’s about opening a new office or a new production unit, our specialized consultancy and support services are offered free of charge to organizations wishing to come to Romania.
The support we offer to foreign companies is intended to bring to Romania not only an influx of foreign capital, but also know-how and technology, as well as a significant increase in the number of investment projects.
Another objective is to support more balanced economic development in certain areas of the country, in order to reduce the gaps between regions.
We also support the development of new production capacities in value-added sectors, thus ensuring the creation of new jobs.
The Foreign Investments Directorate aims to actively participate in events which promote Romania as a business attraction internationally, to continue the development of projects that increase visibility and stimulate investments, to facilitate the links between the main actors (foreign and Romanian private companies, local and central public authorities, media, blue angels, and other potential investors).
Projects / Programs
- Creating an English Website for Foreign Investors http://investromania.gov.ro/web/
- Foreign Investor’s Guide (2017)
- Romania’s promotion video – “Romania, The Strategic Choice” as a business destination
- InvestRomania newsletter – a tool to instill loyalty in the network of stakeholders that generate value in the Romanian economy
- BusinessRomania Platform – www.businessromania.gov.ro – a platform intended for foreign and national companies through which they can provide the premises for successful partnerships.
- Law No. 31 of 16 November 1990 (republished) on Trading Companies, as amended and supplemented
- National legislation on operations at the National Trade Registry Office
- European legislation on the carrying out of economic activities
- Tax code
- Legislation regulating taxes and fees
- Accounting regulations for economic agents
- State aid
- Government Decision 807/2014
- Government Decision 332 / 2014
- Law no. 186 of 25 June 2013 on the establishment and operation of industrial parks
- Law no. 21 of 10 April 1996 on competition
- Law no. 11 of 29 January 1991 on combating unfair competition
- Labor Code and other labor regulations
- Investment Plan for Europe
13. Order for the approval of the procedure for granting of the specialized technical opinion on foreign investors’ business plan in order to obtain a long-stay visa in Romania for carrying out commercial activities.